The most expensive mango?


I have read some articles and it mentioned the “Taiyou no Tamago”, known as “Egg of the Sun” from Miyazaki Prefecture in Kyushu (Japan) is the most expensive mango in the world. It costs about 70$ per fruit of 700g weight. It is 15 times taste more delicious than other types of mangos.

Some cases, at the first auction of the season, a pair of those mangos can cost about 3,000$, crazy right? The reason for its worth because it needs so much care and technique to grow it as it is very complicated.

photo_2021-04-30_07-12-38 (3).jpgExported mango, taste best named Krahom Chakrapotr (Red Mango)

I am not sure if this fruit I show you here is the same kind of above mango. In Cambodia, we call it Red Mango or "Svay Kraham Chakrapotr", a variety from Australia (Irwin Yang [Mangifera indica]) or from Taiwan known as Aiwen Yang MangoIt is exported mango so it the most expensive from Cambodia, but I have never tasted them. I walked around my resident this morning with my sister and when I saw this mango, I took a photo. I heard my friend said they also have it at home and tastes very good when ripen. I had other articles about Cambodian mango here. I cannot wait to eat it but it is very rare that I don't see anywhere else.

photo_2021-04-30_07-12-37 (3).jpgIt is as big as my palmphoto_2021-04-30_07-12-37.jpgRed Chakrapothr or Irwin Yang

Have you ever seen this kind of mango?

Comments

Popular Posts