To Coromandel, the most curving roads in New Zealand

My previous posts touched on South Island of New Zealand with the attraction of snowy mountain and road trip which you can find in my "Links to all my articles on Connect" in my signature on New Zealand. However, I would also want to introduce North Island which is also popular among tourists. It is greener and hotter compared to South Island.

Like living on the paradise.jpgThis is from the view on the hill at Coromandel

According to my note, South Island is charming for everyone and especially among Asians, North Island famous among Europeans, I met with many Germans there, and Brazilians as well! However, both islands are mountainous landscape, inevitable. 

Thames - Coronmondel the sign says it all.jpgThree hours on this kind of roads, the sign says it all - winery road I recall!

I took many road trips around New Zealand and I cannot help but notice that there are two roads that I found very very winery and those who got car sick cannot bear to be on it.

Thames to Coromondel NZ.jpgExciting and headache at the same time :slightly_smiling_face:

  1. Road direction from Thames to Coromandel peninsula. I went to Thames to visit my cousin twice and learnt about this place so I decided to visit it. No friends of mine from Cambodia has been to this site. It is the most headache road trip ever. Layers of mountains again and again and the small bus or minivan were carving around it like a pro. It looks dangerous but when I recalled, it is fun like a roller coaster. It is not far but because of the winery road, it takes so many hours to get to the site.
  2. Road direction from Wellington to Martinborough, shorter trip.

Roads lead to interesting attractions which you can find in below:

It is beautiful and with different charm.

Comments

Popular Posts