Floating houses of Kompong Khleang

 

Kompong Khleang (2).jpgFloating village of Kompong Khleang, Siem Reap

I love this shot I took here at one floating village in Siem Reap, at Kompong Khleang floating village. It was about to rain while I took this photo.

It was when I went field visit to various communities around Siem Reap in 2019 when I just started my job with one organization here. 

  • Kompong Khleang floating community is the best floating village around Tonle Sap, compared to other 5 floating villages but it is about 45km from Siem Reap town.
  • According to the committee who is member of this floating village community, there are about 1,700 houses on stilts like this. They look like cranes to me - knees are longer than body!
  • To avoid sinking underwater in rainy season (July-October), they have to build the house so high but they are very strong. 
  • Few houses decided to become homestay where visitors can spend the night with here, range is from 15-20$/night/person.

All photos were taken by Canon 700D with some color adjustment. 

Floating house.jpgOn the floor of the stilt house homestayfloating house1.jpgThe view to the village from above the homestay

stilt houses.jpgStilt housesfloating house2.jpgThe road between houses in dry season - full of water in rainy season!

Comments

Popular Posts